Maintenance Supervisor - East York
County of York
- The primary responsibility of this position is to operate and maintain the Annex, Archives, Emergency Services Center, Substance Abuse Center and Youth Detention Center in a safe, effective and efficient manner in order to support the operations and functions of all departments located within the facilities.
- Educational requirements include a minimum of a high school diploma with some post-secondary technical training, certificates of completion in technical courses deemed applicable to the requirements of the position, and demonstrated efforts in continuing educational programs.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a supervisory position in facilities management (preferably for a government agency) within the past ten years, including the operation of one or more large facilities and the supervision of a maintenance and custodial staff of a similar size.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the operation, programming and maintenance of automated/computerized building systems, including fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, energy management systems (HVAC & lighting controls), security systems, data and telecommunications systems and audio visual systems.
- Experience in a variety of trades including electrical, mechanical, heating, ventilating and air conditioning, control systems, appliances, general carpentry and knowledge of custodial practices and procedures.
- Experience in the supervision of a variety of service contracts by outside contractors, vendors and suppliers including scheduling, coordination, accounting and record keeping.
- Ability to read and comprehend architectural and engineering plans and technical drawings as it relates to the operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities.
- Competent in the use of personal computers for various functions including email, word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, record keeping and interface with automated building systems.
- Familiar with standard practices regarding interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining and terminating employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation and maintenance of the facilities to ensure that they are fully functional at all times to support the operations and functions of all departments within the facilities.
- Supervision of the maintenance and custodial staff including scheduling, safety, training and quality control procedures.
- Within the facility, supervise and coordinate work by contractors and vendors.
- Monitor the preventive maintenance program for all building systems and components to ensure the safe, effective and efficient operation of the facility.
- Ensure compliance with procedures, policies and practices relevant to the facility, staff and occupants.
- Manage the facility’s operating budget.
- Regular inspection of the facility, identification of deficiencies and implementation of corrective actions.
- Investigate serious mechanical and electrical maintenance problems to diagnose needed repairs, regularly assign job priorities and inspect to insure quality compliance.
- Regular interaction with building occupants including elected officials, department heads and other management staff to ensure that the facility effectively supports their functions and operations.
- Regular interaction with the Sheriff’s Department, local law enforcement officials, local government/fire/code officials and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in regard to safety, security, fire prevention and regulatory compliance of the facility.
- Remotely monitor automated/computerized building systems as necessary.
- Emergency response outside of normal working hours as necessary to address issues of safety, security and facilities operations.
- Maintain and enforce the policies and procedures of the facility, The County of York and The Facilities Management department.
- Attend appropriate in-services, seminars, and meetings.
- Conduct employment interviews, performance evaluations and discipline of maintenance and custodial staff.