Judicial Center - Materials Handler/Courier
Non-Civil Service Position.
Apply online at www.yorkcountypa.gov.
- Position Summary
Responsible for the daily operations, department deliveries, courier services and custodial/maintenance services of York County facilities, while providing support and assistance to other County departments under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to a variety of County support functions such as pick-up, delivery, courier services, distribution and storage of equipment, furniture, materials and supplies to various County facilities.
- Assist in the assembly, disassembly and moving of office furniture.
- Assist with basic inventory control for supplies, materials, furniture and equipment.
- Assist in shipping and receiving.
- Responsible for basic preventative maintenance on equipment and vehicles assigned to the department.
- Responsible to assist in basic facilities maintenance and custodial services as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Use and maintain basic hand tools.
- Maintain work areas in a neat and orderly condition. Monitor work area for compliance with safety regulations.
- Assist in snow removal operations including shoveling, pushing, equipment operation and application of anti-skid or de-icing material.
- Contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department by offering suggestions and participating as an active member of the work team.
- Interacts with other County employees and members of the public in a courteous, positive and productive manner.
- All other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Essential Requirements
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in material handling, custodial and maintenance work
- A valid PA driver's license