Jr. Mechanical Repair
Will assist with mechanical troubleshooting and repairs to keep equipment running and minimize downtime while supporting all other members of the maintenance group with any other repairs, projects, etc. deemed necessary by the department manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with Basic mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Identify and repair air leaks, water leaks, glue leaks, oil leaks
- Assist with the repair steam leaks
- Able to troubleshoot and repair basic pumps and pump systems
- Able to work on basic pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Able to troubleshoot and repair / replace basic cylinders
- Able to work with a variety of mechanical hardware (various sizes/threads/etc.)
- Some basic ability to fabricate / repair damaged, bent, and broken parts using various methods (welding, fastening, machining, etc.)
- Assist with mechanical PM as needed
- Assembly of various racking, equipment, etc.
- Some basic ability to work with bushings, bearings, locking collars, sprockets, chains, drive belts, pulleys, tensioners, miscellaneous belts and lacers
- Basic understanding of tolerances / square / parallel
- Able to assist with the setup and rigging for roll changes and larger repairs
- Basic ability to read schematics and mechanical prints
- Assist with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- Work Overtime as required and Weekends as required by rotating schedule
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- A minimum of 1 years’ industrial electrical experience
- A valid, current driver’s license preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with contractors, service techs (onsite/phone support), and fellow employees
- Understands various aspects of an industrial facility including structural, electrical, plumbing systems, etc.
- Ability to work additional hours and weekends as necessary to meet business plan objectives
- Must be willing to attend various trainings to improve plant operations / skill sets
Machines/Tools/Equipment:Assortment of hand and small power tools, , hammer drills and concrete equipment, lathe, mill, drill, band saw, welders, hydraulic presses, computer, basic office equipment, tow motor, etc.