Quality Control Manager
Summary: The focus of the Quality Control Manager is to develop and implement quality assurance processes and systems and certify the product shipped to customers represents the Design intention. Garments and headwear will be evaluated for measurement, construction quality, fabric quality, color, wash consistency, trims and decoration. The QC manager is responsible for collecting and compiling QC results, communicating findings for improvement or product replacement, training personnel and making recommendations to improve in the future. This position works cross functionally with Planning, Design, Production, Customer Service and Manufacturing Facilities, and reports to the Director of Design & Quality Control.
- Train and manage the day-to-day workflow for the QC team.
- Perform daily audits of pre-shipment samples and bulk merchandise.
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards.
- Pull QC inspection sheets for each delivery.
- Update and maintain inspection sheets on all styles.
- Ensure garments and headwear are inspected for measurement, construction quality, fabric quality, color, wash consistency, trims, branding and decoration.
- Collect, compile and file QC results.
- Communicate with factory, Planning and Design on negative findings and suggestions for improvement.
- Complete QC process with returning approved product to inventory or removing rejected product from inventory count.
- Customer Service liaison for product issues and returns.
- Provide support to production floor on quality issues.
- Perform special projects as needed.
1. Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with others at all levels within an organization.
2. Highly productive, enthusiastic and a strong team player who works with a sense of urgency.
3. The ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by and inter-relate with colleagues at all levels, particularly in a company with a very strong and rich corporate culture and multiple office locations.
4. An honest and forthright individual who is flexible, coachable, upfront and direct with direct reports, peers and management executives to whom he/she reports.
5. Exert good judgment in your prioritization of your time and your direct reports.
6. A level of self-direction and self-motivation in aligning personal actions with company objectives.
7. Creative thinker that can form solutions.
8. Commitment to company vision/values/brand.
9. Strong organizational, time management and presentation skills.
10. Must have ability to multi-task and shift priorities.