THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A passion for helping seniors
- A desire to contribute to a positive atmosphere in the community for residents, family & friends, and all team members.
Responsible for organizing and directing all functions of the business office with professionalism, accuracy and respectful interactions with all stakeholders. Manage account payables and receivables for resident accounts and vendors; coordinating pay arrangements. Manage payroll, maintain personnel files and vacation records, sick and holiday time. Manage the residence Receptionist and provide backup support for same. Prepare monthly budget variance summary. Participate in budget preparation and planning.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must have knowledge of receivables and collections, general bookkeeping, wage and overtime laws and payroll functions. Requires the ability to work with department managers to ensure appropriate paperwork is completed and procedures are followed. The ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing is essential. May require some lifting, bending, stretching. Must have good organizational and personnel skills. Computer knowledge essential.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in business from an accredited university is required, or three or more years of relevant experience in office management.
- Experience: Requires three or more years experience in business office management, which includes bookkeeping and/ or human resources responsibilities. Experience in the health care industry is preferred.
- Certificates/ Licenses: None required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The associate must be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation without posing a direct threat to himself / herself or others:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
- Ensure the business office and reception areas operate in accordance with corporate policies, procedures and State and local regulations.
- Interpret company policies and procedures to associates, residents, family members, visitors, etc.
- Organize, direct and supervise all business office functions in conjunction with department managers.
- Requisition adequate supplies and equipment for the facility while ensuring that all selected vendors are price competitive.
- Provide information, collect data, complete reports to corporate office to facilitate billing and compilation of financial reports.’
- Manage the residence insurance programs, including worker’s compensation, health insurance and life insurance.
- Manage leaves of absence.
- Verify each department is maintaining logs of resident’s charges.
- Copy and file checks received from residents and make a deposit daily. Send copies with batch edits to corporate office daily.
- Utilize our system to ensure collection of accounts on a timely basis and report on the status of delinquent accounts.
- Coordinate pay arrangement methods with the residents or their designees.
- Check all invoices and vouchers and assist department heads with the coding of bills for payment.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Manage all aspects of the payroll system to include time cards, earnings, calculations, audit and distribution.
- Keep accurate records of vacation, holiday, sick leave, overtime and leaves of absence.
- Maintain all associate personnel records in accordance with all residence policies and procedures and requirements of outside agencies. Update as necessary and send pertinent data to the corporate office.
- Maintain all resident files in accordance with policies of property and outside agencies..
- Maintain all resident medical files separately from residence agreement records and in accordance with all residence policies and procedures and requirement of outside agencies.
- Supervise the receptionist and provide backup support for the reception desk.
- Conduct and/ or attend required in-service training and orientation.
- Participate in the Manager-on-duty program.
- Respond to resident requests.
- Ensure that all billing information is in accordance with resident’s agreements. (Lease administration compliance, rent increases, last month’s rent, etc.)