Teacher Aid for 2020/2021 school year
The WYASD is in need of 15 part-time/full-time teacher aides! Hours are flexible and can be modified to accommodate your child(ren)'s school schedules if needed. Please apply at bit.ly/2Dif7Cw or email Employment@wyasd.org for more information.
- High school degree with experience and interest in working with children.
Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the teacher in fostering readiness and socialization skills deemed necessary for later academic success.
- Assist in the supervision and teaching of individuals and groups participating in developmental and instructional activities designed by the teacher.
- Prepare instructional materials, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of student progress charts.
- Assist with clerical and noninstructional duties, including projecting a positive image for the district.
- Assist with promoting of safety practices, building and classroom rules, and in situations of illness or injury.
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
(The WYASD will provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disability Act. )
- Must be able to speak clearly and distinctively; be able to read correspondence/computer screen; and have an auditory acuity sufficient to communicate via phone.
- Must be courteous, congenial, cooperative, service-oriented, able to work independently or in a team (as circumstances warrant), and able to work with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time; walk throughout buildings; climb stairs; lift/carry at least 20 pounds; and bend, twist, reach, stoop, grasp, and have sufficient dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with students, personnel at all levels, and members of the public; follow written and verbal directions; effectively read/comprehend at a level required by the position; perform computations; write/correspond clearly, concisely, and effectively; work independently or in a team; and exercise good judgment.
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.