Early Childhood Education Professional Development Manager
Community Progress Council, Inc.
ABOUT COMMUNITY PROGRESS COUNCIL:
Community Progress Council invites you to be part of its team of dedicated professionals who work to help low income individuals and families reach self-sufficiency. Our workforce of 240 employees is mission-driven to provide client-centered, coordinated services by building trusting relationships with those in need.
As the community action agency of York County, CPC offers services in more than 20 locations throughout the county. We provide our neighbors with opportunities in early childhood education, nutrition counseling, workforce development, housing and financial education and our Self-Sufficiency Program, all which support low-income individuals toward their goal of achieving financial stability.
ABOUT CPC'S EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROGRAM:
CPC's Early Childhood Education programs provide high-quality, comprehensive school readiness services to families with children from birth to 5 years old. Our early childhood education services strive to meet preschoolers' needs for intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth. This work prepares York County's young children to enter kindergarten prepared to learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Community Progress Council;
- Coordinate early childhood education hiring processes from recruitment through onboarding;
- Develop an ECE professional development plan that builds a talent pipeline for ECE staff and management, including internal and external community and educational resources.
- Collaborate with early childhood education managers to identify, develop, and respond to training and professional development needs program wide;
- Establish and coordinate implementation of a comprehensive annual early childhood education training calendar;
- Establish and ensure maintenance of a professional development record keeping process;
- Oversee tuition reimbursement process;
- Ensure certifications, clearances, required annual trainings are up to date for all employees;
- Provide and/or coordinate training on early childhood education topic areas;
- Identify in-house and community-based resources for training/professional development;
- Utilize data to identify training needs;
- Establish and monitor implementation of department specific onboarding plans;
- Create a professional development budget; identify annual spending priorities; monitor and manage spending;
- Ensure compliance with program standards and agency policies and procedures;
- Stay current on Early Childhood Education trends.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master's degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education, Adult Education, Organizational Development or a Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of work experience. PQAS approved instructors are preferred. Candidates without PQAS approval will be required to access PQAS approval within a year of employment.
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND SALARY REQUIREMENT WHEN EXPRESSING INTEREST VIA RESUME SUBMISSION.