Early Childhood Education Manager
Community Progress Council, Inc.
ABOUT COMMUNITY PROGRESS COUNCIL:
Community Progress Council invites you to be part of its team of dedicated professionals who work to help low income individuals and families reach self-sufficiency. Our workforce of 240 employees is mission-driven to provide client-centered, coordinated services by building trusting relationships with those in need.
As the community action agency of York County, CPC offers services in more than 20 locations throughout the county. We provide our neighbors with opportunities in early childhood education, nutrition counseling, workforce development, housing and financial education and our Self-Sufficiency Program, all which support low-income individuals toward their goal of achieving financial stability.
ABOUT CPC'S EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROGRAM:
CPC's Early Childhood Education programs provide high-quality, comprehensive school readiness services to families with children from birth to 5 years old. Our early childhood education services strive to meet preschoolers' needs for intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth. This work prepares York County's young children to enter kindergarten prepared to learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Community Progress Council;
- Lead education team in planning, developing, and implementing the education program to meet established school readiness goals;
- Identify and develop community partnerships that drive quality;
- Hire, on-board, train, and evaluate education coordinators;
- Collaborate with Professional Development Manager and Education Coordinators to ensure adequate staffing and onboarding to promote safe and effective learning environments and promote the use of technology to bring efficiencies;
- Collaborate with Professional Development Manager to establish professional development plans for education department;
- Implement program and teaching practices that are aligned with the Office of Head Start's Early Learning Outcomes Framework; and Pre-K standards;
- Collaborate with managers and coordinators to establish partnerships with school districts, and develop, and implement comprehensive transition plans;
- Analyze observation and child outcome data to inform decision making, quality improvement initiatives, and program wide professional development plans;
- Coordinate with Director of Operations and other internal/external partners to ensure child safety;
- Promote positive interactions and communicate effectively to build trust and teamwork within the department, the agency, and in the community;
- Ensure compliance with program standards and agency policies and procedures;
- Develop education department budget, identify annual spending priorities, monitor and manage spending.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education or in a related field with five years of experience working with young children (Early Head Start, Head Start, Pre-K Counts) is preferred. Prior supervisory experience is required.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND SALARY REQUIREMENT WHEN SUBMITTING RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION.