Relief Manager | Full Time | Lancaster County PA area
Moove In Self Storage is seeking a full time Relief Manager in the Lancaster County PA area.
Moove In Self Storage (MISS) is a locally owned and operated storage portfolio with locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. We are growing and expanding into new and existing markets. Learn more at https://moovein.com/.
MISS currently employs 18 property managers as well as home office support and management. We strive to maintain a friendly, family-like work atmosphere. At times the work can be hectic and other times very mellow; adaptability is key. MISS employees are team oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. We are rapidly growing, and this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
As a Relief Manager, you will be responsible for the daily operations of your assigned self storage facility each day. You will follow the Property Manager’s direction for his or her facility while you are managing the property in his or her absence. You will represent our company with a positive attitude, willingness to help tenants and customers and eagerness to learn and do your best every day while presenting yourself in a professional manner at all times.
The following are brief descriptions of job responsibilities you will be required to perform. Each procedure and policy will be explained in more detail as you go through the interview process. Upon employment with the company, thorough on-site training will be provided by an experienced property manager and/or the district manager.
Remember that you only get one chance to make a good first impression.
- Implement, follow and enforce any procedures set forth in the Operations, Policy and Procedure Manual on file in the office and any other memo or instruction given to you by your supervisor.
- Operate the facility at its highest and best potential:
- Rent units and ensure all units are clean prior to rental
- Timely collection of rent, deposits, assessed fees and other fees
- Selling retail merchandise such as locks, packing materials and boxes
- Make past due calls to delinquent accounts
- Conduct visual audit of entire property twice per day
- Overlocking and unlocking of units
- Prepare and process daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Prepare and make daily bank deposits
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of rental office
- Maintain cleanliness of any public or employee restrooms
- Maintain cleanliness of site
- Consistent and regular attendance and punctuality
- May be required to work other facilities and events as needed
- Participate in training programs or seminars at management’s request
- Perform other managerial duties requested by the Property Manager or Home Office
- Follow proper dress attire, good grooming and hygiene habits. Smoking by employees is prohibited in the office and in front of or around any customers.
We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of growth, change and creativity with each day being a little different from the last. We’re also looking for someone who likes and is capable of working independently. We’re looking for someone grounded, operational and organized.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Add energy to every conversation.
- Tell a joke at no one’s expense.
- Offer help to the team before being asked.
- Highlight good work from your team members.
- Leave things more organized than you found them.
- Get smarter at your job through training and/or books.
- Figure out what didn’t work.
- Surface and highlight difficult decisions.
- Encourage curiosity.
- Ask why.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer service or sales role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Publisher and Word.
- Property Management experience is a plus.
- Please fill out the following online questionnaire: http://bit.ly/2F2cdiX
- Also email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will then contact you for further details and to set up a time to connect via phone or Skype for a preliminary interview.
- We will meet with the final applicants in person.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Moove In Self Storage Team
Please wait a few minutes before you try again.