Structural Steel Fabrication Foreman
Kinsley Construction, Inc.
WHO WE ARE
Delivering unmatched, quality steel on time and in budget is our expertise. Our certified and highly-skilled teams specialize in structural steel design, engineering, detailing, fabrication, erection and retrofit to existing structural members. As a company we are flexible and adaptable, and so are our people. If you are driven, solution-focused, results-oriented, and a true team player, we want to talk to you.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking an experienced Structural Steel Fabrication Foreman for our growing Steel Fabrication and Erection team. The Structural Steel Fabrication Foreman provides leadership to the fabrication shop employees and is responsible for scheduling, manpower and equipment planning, coordinating, supervising, assisting in cost control, quality control, adherence to AISC, AWS and industry standards, ensuring safety and loss prevention measures are adhered to, providing proper training, and productivity of shop employees.
The Structural Steel Fabrication Foreman will report to the General Manager and Vice President. A successful candidate would have knowledge of structural steel materials, welding, layout and fabrication, CNC fabrication equipment operation, material handling, lean work flow methods, tools and equipment involved in steel fabrication, knowledge of safety, quality and cost control standards and at least 5 years experience successfully managing and overseeing a structural steel fabrication facility.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with Company Match and paid PTO/Holidays.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assessing job priorities and assigning employees to appropriate job sites
- Making sure employees have tools and equipment needed for job in order to ensure a good output
- Overseeing the work and making sure it runs smoothly and as per the plan
- Making sure safety precautions are followed including updating safety kits in case of any emergencies
- Helping in training new employees and helping them as they learn new tasks
- Giving clear directions to workers as to what needs to be done to avoid repetitive mistakes by the workers
- Making sure company rules are followed by crew and communicate negative and positive feedback regarding the crew to supervisor
- Complete jobs on time and within budget
- Evaluate quickest and easiest way to a job without sacrificing quality of the work being done
- Hold a documented site safety meeting on a weekly basis
- Create and maintain “As-Built” drawings
- Complete a 3-week look-a-head schedule on a weekly basis
- Attend all on-site project meetings (safety, quality, scheduling, production, etc.)
- Issue corrective action notices within scope of authority, as required, to enforce company and/or project guidelines/policies
- Read specifications and blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, lasers equipment, transits, and/or levels
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors
- Hoist steel members into place using cranes or other equipment by means of proper signaling
- Bolt aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place
- Field assemble metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, and girders according to blueprints and/or instructions from supervisors
- Push, pull, or pry structural-steel members into approximate positions for final attachment
- Cut, bend, and weld steel pieces using metal shears, torches, and welding equipment
- Safely operate and maintain equipment (personnel and material lifts) and small tools and equipment (welding machines, torch sets, saws, grinders, hoists, etc.)
- Ability to, at minimum, be able to speak and understand English in oral and written form
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred
- Understanding of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of proper rigging and signaling
- Ability to understand and apply varying levels of mathematics as applicable to the position
- Knowledge of applicable and proper use for the following: transit, laser lever, torpedo, torque guns, welders, gas supplied equipment, rigging and components
- Possess at minimum the following tools: bolt bag, spud wrench, bull pins, weld hood (applicable to welders only), tape measure, plumb bob, cheater bar, pliers, clamps, hammers, Bessie clamps, vise grips
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply on our website at http://kinsleyconstruction.com/careers/ or mail, fax or email resume including salary requirement to:
KINSLEY CONSTRUCTION, INC.
1103 EAST PRINCESS ST.
YORK, PA 17403
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY