Property Landscape Technician
Kinsley Construction, Inc.
Summary of the Position:
Our Property Landscape Technician reports directly to the Landscape Crew Leader and will be dispatched to do landscaping work from various locations as defined by the yearly landscaping schedule for Kinsley Properties buildings and sites. This opportunity to join our team is a five day a week position with a normal start time of 6:00 AM and end time of 2:30 PM each day with some fluctuation depending on the season. This position is primarily outdoors and will be exposed to varying seasonal conditions. Some overtime may be offered.
Our team strives for success through shared accountability in everything we do. The below items are responsibilities specific to the role of a Property Landscape Technician, which will be required to meet both physical landscaping and customer service tasks, standardly allocated as follows:
- Preforming Commercial Landscaping: (80%)
- Customer Service: (10%)
Preforming Commercial Landscaping:
- A technician should have a basic knowledge of:
- Landscaping tools and equipment.
- Site maintenance.
- A technician will be required to perform the below landscaping tasks in a safe and responsible manner:
- Mowing and weed whacking of properties.
- Trimming plant material, weeding, and planting as directed.
- Installation of lawn materials and flower bed items to include mulching.
- Erosion and sediment control work to meet municipal regulation.
- landscape crew equipment maintenance and cleanup as directed.
- Other duties as directed by Landscape Crew Leader
- Technicians must arrive on time at the predetermined place for assigned work to be completed.
- A Technician will need to be organized in approach to job tasks and be willing to work in a team environment.
- Once work is assigned, the Technician should be able to independently complete their part of the team work and identify all issues which require attention. They must be a self-directed person willing to learn new tasks.
- Different tasks arise during the day and one task may not be able to be completed with one visit to a job. The Technician must be able to multitask to stay productive and on task.
- The Technician will need to be responsible for company tools, both in proper use and maintenance.
- The Technician will need to have a valid driver’s license, physical, and drug test along with company sponsored training which occurs from time to time.
- A Technician is expected to represent Kinsley Properties’ values of on-time customer-focused service to all Tenants they come in contact with.
- Tenants should be able to observe teammates who are on the Landscape Crew as task-focused individuals who present an image of order and neatness in both appearance and quality of work performed.
- Technicians are expected to be knowledgeable and attentive to Tenant needs at all times.
We look for These Competencies in A Landscape Technician
- Conflict Management -– Comfortable managing conflicts, sees challenges as opportunities; people person; focused listener; can navigate challenging agreements and settles disputes equitably; can find common ground and secure full cooperation to achieve shared success for both the Tenant and Kinsley Properties.
- Customer Service Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with a customer-first mindset; establishes and maintains strong effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect through consistently responsible and responsive behavior.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, appreciates the importance of fast decision-making, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure to achieve the best outcomes for both Kinsley Properties and the Tenant.
- Ethics and Values – Consistently adheres to organizational core values even when challenged.
- Functional/Technical Skills –High level of functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform the job in a superior manner.
- Negotiating – Capable of skillful negotiation in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with a shared success mindset; proven ability to resolve situations with a positive customer relationship outcome; can be both direct, assertive and diplomatic in negotiations; gains trust quickly of other parties; and has a proactive solid sense of the importance of speed and responsiveness.
- Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable of organizational operations; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; appreciates the importance of key policies, practices, and procedures to ensure running the business effectively and efficiently; understands and values the importance of team culture; leads by example and treats all with respect; and holds yourself accountable to all members of the Kinsley Properties team.
- Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into manageable steps; develops schedules and task/assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; and evaluates results.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all opportunities for appropriate answers; proactive problem-solving; actively pursues the best solution, even when not easily identified.
- Driven for Results – Can be counted upon to exceed goals successfully; proven ability as a consistent top performer; understands importance of profitability on a job; committed to the absolute best outcomes.
- Reliable/Dependable – Committed to follow-through and doing what was promised.
- Trust/Honesty – Committed to doing the right thing, always.
- Flexible – Agile and helpful attitude; committed to being flexible under various circumstances to achieve the best outcomes.
- Relationship Focused – Create customer and teammate loyalty through actions; focused on long-lasting relationship, trust and personal understanding.
- Intentionality – Have a clear understanding of objectives with an ability to clearly convey the purpose of deliverables and actions.
We Look for These Technical Skills in A Landscape Technician
- Understanding of landscape drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of landscape systems and materials and how to maintain them.
We Look for This Level of Experience In A Landscape Technician
- One year of hands-on field experience in the commercial landscape and maintenance industry.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your Cover Letter and CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.