Concrete Finisher Form Carpenter - Skilled Laborer
Kinsley Construction, Inc.
WHO WE ARE
Kinsley began performing major site work projects over 50 years ago. We currently employ over 400 team members providing site development services for a diverse list of client and project types. Our strength lies in our resources. Our experienced crews utilize modern equipment, staying up-to-date with current technologies. These in-house resources allow us to provide turn-key solutions. We deliver for our clients, and we do so with precision, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
At Kinsley, we see ourselves as the modern-day master builder. When we are engaged in a project, we take full ownership of that project from beginning to end. We understand the needs of the designers and engineers, we understand the project challenges, and we understand the owner’s overall goal for the project. We’re hired to deliver a project, so we put ourselves in the owner’s seat, doing what it takes to get the job done and get it done right. Construction is our expertise – it’s what we do every day. We deliver on our commitments and we take pride in our work because we care about what we do. Whether or not anyone else notices, we decide to do the best job we can and turn over the best possible project because we are master builders, delivering in every respect.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Kinsley is seeking qualified Concrete Finishers, Form Carpenters and Skilled Laborers to join our concrete crews. Primary responsibilities include placing, smoothing, and finishing poured concrete such as sidewalks, roads or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. The concrete crews will work on job sites in Central PA and Northern MD. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with Company Match and paid PTO/Holidays.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed
- Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth and align them
- Install reinforcing rebar or mesh wire to strengthen the concrete
- Spread, level and smooth concrete using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed and float
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affects the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process to ensure a durable, smooth and uniform finish
- Produce rough concrete surface using broom
- Mold expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers and straightedge
- Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete and move chute to direct concrete.
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
- Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs and moving whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials
- Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning and manipulating things
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods in unfavorable weather conditions
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- Must have transportation to get to assigned job sites
- Must be reliable to get to work on time, ready with all tools to do a day of good work
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply on our website at http://kinsleyconstruction.com/careers/ or mail, fax or email resume including salary requirement to:
KINSLEY CONSTRUCTION, INC.
1103 EAST PRINCESS ST.
YORK, PA 17403
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY