The Teller is responsible for providing excellent client service while accurately and efficiently processing a variety of financial transactions in accordance with all policies and procedures. As an active member of the Financial Center Sales/Service Team, promotes the bank by identifying client needs and suggesting appropriate products/services. Recognizes opportunities to refer clients to the appropriate business partner.
Essential Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains positive client relations through courteous and prompt response to client questions, issues, and problems. Takes ownership of client problems, questions, and situations.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of the Bank's products and services in order to broaden and deepen client relationships in support of the BRAVO Client Relationship Management initiative.
- Models behavior related to sales and service expectations and utilizes referral and sales tools.
- Operates the teller system to accurately process various financial transactions.
- Responsible for maintaining technical proficiency in the operation of appropriate PeoplesBank systems.
- Follows policies and procedures and adheres to audit and security procedures.
- Strictly adheres to ethical standards of behavior as outlined in the PeoplesBank's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Communicates thoughts and ideas related to the continual improvement of processes, products, services, and related concepts.
- Prepares and actively participates in team meetings, events and financial center sales initiatives. Demonstrates teamwork skills.
- Responsible for understanding the Bank's BSA/AML Policy, including satisfactory completion of required annual BSA/AML training as applicable to position and appropriately applying this knowledge to daily activities and responsibilities, specifically understanding that any suspicious activity must be reported to the BSA Officer immediately.
- Satisfactorily completes all required annual regulation, sales and service training.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.Above requirements are representative of minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the ability and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently, and comply with PeoplesBank policies, procedures, and Corporate Standards of Performance, as outlined in the Employee Handbook and training materials. Non-Essential Duties
- Assisting with Financial Center opening and end-of-day processes. This position has no policy making authority, but will assist in the administration of corporate policies and procedures as set forth by senior management and the Board of Directors. Individual is responsible for knowledge of and compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Educational & Other Requirements
- Six months of previous work related experience involving face-to-face interactions with clients and the handling of cash transactions.
- High School education or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be bondable.