Full Time Loan Officer I- Underwriter
- Handle loans of highest complexity, value, or risk.
- Analyze credit reports for all accounts, verify debts, estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on application.
- Calculate debt-to-income ratios on loan applicants and calculate how much of a loan applicant’s debt is secured or unsecured.
- Monitor online applicants’ queue.
- Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for loans.
- Determine membership eligibility of loan applicants.
- Approve or deny loan applications for all credit union products within Loan Officer I authority.
- When a loan is denied, prepare, and send adverse action letter when required.
- Verify the accuracy of loan amounts and repayment terms on approved loan applications.
- Complete loan documents and disburse loans when approved.
- Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management direction.
- Cross-serve lending products.
- Follow the guidelines in the Lending Policies/Procedures.
- Responsible to keep your desk and equipment clean and neat.
- Report problems or concerns to Lending VP.
- Perform duties as requested by Lending VP.
- 6 months to 2 years lending and underwriting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer experience
- Ability to empathize/analyze difficult member’s financial situations while enforcing credit union policies uniformly
- Good Interpersonal skills/Phone skills
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and written
- Ability to Multitask
- Organizational skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- High School diploma/equivalent
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.