- Prepare, pay, and file all accounts payable for the credit union. Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and enter daily and monthly general ledger transactions including investment activity and schedules, employee payroll, pension and 401(k) entries.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger for various accounts as assigned.
- Prepare summary journal vouchers and verify that all other journal vouchers and cash received have been properly balanced and authorized.
- Review and analyze financial data. Generate a variety of reports and statements as requested by management. Prepare financial statements and reports on a regular basis. Examples of reports include teller variance report, daily cash flow report, renewable and share insurance reports.
- Post and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued income from investment accounts.
- Post investment interest checks.
- Oversee the preparation of the credit union’s tax return.
- Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances.
- Set up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the depreciation program.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Responsible to keep your desk and equipment clean and nest.
- Report problems of concerns to Operations VP
- Perform other duties as required by the Operations VP
- Accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably 6 months to 2 years in the financial industry
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and written
- Ability to Multitask
- Organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills on Microsoft Office with an emphasis in excel, accounting software and databases
- Ability to meet deadlines and targeted goals
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2898015464 Feed will not update.