We are seeking a Full-time Art Therapist to join our team! You will be responsible for assessing clients and developing therapeutic relationships through artistic expression using individual and group art therapy. In addition, you will provide services within the cycle of treatment from intake procedures through discharge.
Title: Art Therapist
Location: Primarily York; occasional travel to New Oxford and/or Chambersburg
Reports To: Director of Clinical Services
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, Monday - Thursday
- Provide Individual Creative Art Therapy. Assess clients from mental/behavioral health perspective using art therapy techniques.
- Completes clinical intake assessments, gather information about the client, assure releases, waivers, and permissions are signed by the appropriate person(s).
- Develop individual patient goals and treatment plans with the client and his/her parent/guardian.
- Provide ongoing assessments and therapy using DSM-V and art therapy techniques. Review and adapt the treatment plan with the patient and parent/guardian to assure that the patient is progressing to wellness. Communicate with parent/guardian regarding the client’s progress and suggest ways that the parent/guardian can support the client in meeting goals.
- Maintain current case records and documentation as required by licensing, regulatory, and/or funding sources. This includes assessment, goals, progress notes, personal information, releases, and reports from the other organizations.
- Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA and the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
- Master's degree in Art Therapy
- 2+ years experience working with children and/or adolescents
- Ability to handle the physical caseload of 20-25 clients
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Generally, works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. The noise level in the office is moderate when being exposed to young children.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Master's (Preferred)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) (Preferred)
- ATR, ATR-BC (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location