Treasurer's Office - Administrative Assistant
- Position Summary
An employee in this class is responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to support to the Treasurer's Office in an effective and efficient manner. Duties assigned to this position may be complex in nature. The responsibilities include: preparation and scanning of long term county government records, and document retention management as required by law. This position will also assist with processing dog licenses and the data entry of tax collection payments through the use of appropriate software applications. Work also includes answering a telephone, data entry functions, bookkeeping, record inspection, auditing procedures, typing, and photo copying. Good organizational skills and attention to details are important aspects of this job.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for converting hard copy documents into a digital format. This duty will include document preparation by disassembling and reassembling the documents.
- Review scanned images for quality and verifies that all pages have been scanned.
- Assists with document management including preparation and transfer of records to the County Archives as required by state law.
Dog License Duties:
- Assists with the inspection, inventory and distribution of new annual applications, license forms and tags.
- Assists with the maintenance of records, licenses, and unsold tags for state conducted audit.
- Receives, interprets, sorts, and processes requests for dog licenses through the mail.
Tax Collection Duties:
- Assists in the preparation of files for electronic uploading into the computer systems (isaWorld, Community Live and Access.)
- Records tax payments and information into the computers systems (isaWorld, Community Live and Access).
- Assists with the distribution of system generated monthly Real Estate Tax Collection Statements to the tax collectors.
- Assists with tax collection mailings.
- Responsible for administrative support to the Treasurer and Chief Deputy Treasurer. Maintain and provide information in confidential manner.
- Responsible to communicate and convey answers for all types of questions to internal and external customers over the phone, electronically or in person and provide information and/or direct calls to the proper agency/department.
- Participate in customer problem resolutions.
- Compose draft correspondence, documents or reports as required.
- Maintain various spreadsheets related to daily or monthly sales as well as those related to the month end closing.
- Point of contact for staff issues with equipment that requires service and/or repair or replacement.
- Maintain daily incoming and outgoing mail, both postal and inter-office.
- Researches, collects data and prepares statistical reports, on a periodic and as needed basis; prepares analyses for management review.
- Perform clerical related functions including but not limited to typing, word processing, duplicating, collating/organization materials, filing, telephone communications, etc.
- Maintain a sufficient inventory of general office supplies to ensure effective operations. Ensure that the office equipment is maintained in a fully functional and efficient manner.
- Embrace Treasurer's Mission Statement: "My staff and I are committed to serving you (internal and external customers) in a customer friendly and professional manner at all times."
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Essential Requirements
- Must possess a High School Diploma with knowledge of general office procedures and equipment/computer operations as may be obtained through a minimum of (2) years related work experience or the equivalent.
- Must possess accurate math and bookkeeping skills choosing the right methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Requires strong organizational skills and professional office capabilities including oral and written communication skills.
- Possess analytical skills.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of business transactions and office activities.
- Compute, record and proof read data and other information such as records or reports.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and utilize software including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, Online Dog Licensing, PALS (PA hunting and fishing licenses), Community Plus (cash receipting software) and Laserfiche.
- Ability to use the following office equipment: telephone, fax, PC, laser printer, calculator, photocopier, scanner and file system.
- Must be able to operate office equipment, facsimile, photocopier, printer and scanner.
- Ability to multi-task and perform many various office responsibilities.