Please note, in order to be considered as an applicant for this position, you must apply online at https://employment.kutztown.edu
The Kutztown Small Business Development Center (KUSBDC) is seeking a 12 month FT Grant-funded Business/Government Procurement Consultant to serve the Lancaster, Dauphin and Lebanon Counties. The position is responsible to provide general business consulting, specialized government procurement consulting and business continuation consulting to KUSBDC clients.
- General business consulting includes developing financial spreadsheets, consulting on startup issues, market research and strategies, teaching/facilitating pre-venture small business workshops.
- Government procurement consulting should include technical assistance on government marketing related issues that help a client prepare to be successful in this market segment. The business continuation consulting activity includes disaster planning, iCloud strategies for backing up files and website evaluations.
- Evaluate emerging business needs and redesign consulting engagements congruent with business trends and regional marketing demographics.
- Identify market leaders, develop and manage relationships with local businesses, banks, federal, state and local offices and economic development agencies.
- Promote Kutztown University, KUSBDC and PASBDC network services and programs to these groups.
- Prepare and present seminar topics and training sessions with collaboration with other KUSBDC team members. Facilitate and/or speak at area small business development initiatives.
- Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in business or other relevant field from a 4-year accredited university
- Microsoft Word and Excel (spreadsheets) and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience as a small business owner and/or experience managing programs designed to assist small businesses at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Market research experience
- Knowledge of selling to the government as a market segment.
- Valid driver's license
- Master's Degree (MBA preferred) with significant course work in business or accounting from an accredited 4-year university.
- 5 years of experience as a small business owner and/or experience managing programs designed to assist small businesses at the federal, state, and local levels.
Supplemental Information:Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than close of business May 24, 2019.
This grant-funded management position has an anticipated starting salary of $48,118, per the SCUPA collective bargaining agreement.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at email@example.com or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at OCR@ed.gov.