1. Prepare, pay and file all accounts payable for the credit union. Research and resolve discrepancies.
2. Prepare and enter daily and monthly general ledger transactions including investment activity and schedules, employee payroll, pension and 401(k) entries.
3. Analyze and reconcile general ledger for various accounts as assigned.
4. Prepare summary journal vouchers and verify that all other journal vouchers and cash received have been properly balanced and authorized.
5. Review and analyze financial data. Generate a variety of reports and statements as requested by management. Prepare financial statements and reports on a regular basis. Examples of reports include teller variance report, daily cash flow report, renewable and share insurance reports.
6. Post and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued income from investment accounts.
7. Post investment interest checks.
8. Oversee the preparation of the credit union’s tax return.
9. Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances.
10. Set up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the depreciation program.
11. Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
12. Responsible to keep your desk and equipment clean and nest.
13. Report problems of concerns to Operations VP
14. Perform other duties as required by the Operations VP
• Accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably 1-2 years in the financial industry
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally and written
• Ability to Multitask
• Organizational skills
• Advanced computer skills on Microsoft Office with an emphasis in excel, accounting software and databases
• Ability to meet deadlines and targeted goals
• High School diploma/equivalent