Under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for processing accounts payable, accounts receivable and biweekly payroll for the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Record, balance and deposit purchases or fees, donations and employee reimbursements, including maintaining spreadsheets for such billings.
- Process accounts payable, including tracking expenditures for training and budgets.
- Process department payroll, including entering data for workers’ compensation, reimbursements and payroll adjustments.
- Reconcile bank accounts and bank statements.
- Maintains knowledge of current fiscal laws, accepted accounting procedures and accounting practices.
- Participates as needed in special department projects. May be required to serve as a back-up at other site locations, as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or similar education and experience
- One year of accounting experience using QuickBooks and ADP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) with ability to compile data and reports.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Ability to perform each position responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position
- Ability to understand that safety is a condition of employment. Unsafe acts or conditions will be reported to the Team Leader or members of the Leadership Team
- Interpersonal verbal and listening skills are required to communicate effectively with clients, families and with other clinicians and patient-care personnel.